September 8, 2020 Library Board Meeting: Official notice
COVID-19 Reopening (Updated 6/8/2020)
* REGISTER FOR A NEW LIBRARY CARD: CLICK HERE *
The Garden City Public Library will be open for PICKUP SERVICE ONLY starting Monday, June 8, 2020. Our hours will be Monday – Friday from 12:00pm to 6:00pm.
- You can request items through our online catalog or by calling the Library (734) 793-1830.
- Library staff will call to notify you when your items are ready.
- Please have your library card handy when you call and when you arrive.
- For the safety of our staff and other patrons, please wear a face-mask and maintain 6 feet physical distance.
- Do not come to the Library if you are sick or caring for someone who is sick.
- All returns must be put in the book drop. They will be quarantined before being checked in, so you may see them on your patron record for a few days after returning.
Our “COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan” will be posted here soon. Remember, we are a FINE FREE LIBRARY so you do not have to worry about returning your books, videos, music CDs etc. while we are closed.
If you want to register for a library card click here. If you are having trouble with our online services, email us at email@example.com
We are dedicated to helping patrons even when we are closed. During this COVID-19 closure, take advantage of our downloadable content (Download Destination, Hoopla, and RB Digital) and these FREE educational opportunities and activities for children:
- TEENBOOKCLOUD Gr 7-12 ebook database
- Draw Every Day with Jarrett J. Krosoczka
- The Spanish Experiment
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- Museum Artwork as Coloring Pages
- School Library Journal with links to more educational resources
- AudioBook Cloud
The Garden City Public Library has been serving the residents of Garden City (Michigan) as a resource of traditional and evolving library services for over 90 years.
The Garden City Public Library is your place for books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, magazines, computer access, and free Wi-Fi. Throughout the year, we offer a variety of free programs for all ages. The Garden City Public Library provides access to ebooks via Download Destination (powered by OverDrive), and movies, music plus much more via Hoopla. Using your Garden City Public Library card, you will have access to these services from anywhere at any time!
Click the tabs above to explore our Library services, event calendar, and many useful resources. We are happy to serve you! For questions about the Library, please feel free to call us at (734) 793-1830.
What is Take it and Make it?
Every Monday, we’ll have new, fun kits for kids to “take” home and “make.” What’s inside the kit? You’ll get a newsletter of all the national holidays that happen during that week. We’ll pick a few fun holidays and create 2-3 crafts based on those holidays or events. You’ll get all the supplies and instructions too. The only supplies you might need from home are glue, tape, markers or crayons…and your creativity, of course! Kits are available on Monday in a limited quantity, but can be picked up any day. So, come to the library and grab your youth Take it and Make it kit.
Registration for youth programs open approximately 30 days before that program.
Printable Story Time Coloring Sheets
Back to school…virtually with Miss Kim
Avoid the rain and come on a virtual picnic with Miss Kim
Miss Kim…that toy is for the cats!
Five, Four, Three, Two, One…Time to read with Miss Kim!
Rocket joins Miss Kim on today’s coloring sheet
Miss Kim loves the beach
“K” is for Miss Kim
Miss Kim is friends with everyone at the library
Count and color with Miss Kim
Miss Kim loves to read diverse fairy tales
Miss Kim says “Love who you choose”
Miss Kim loves our diverse library families
Join Miss Kim to make your voice heard
Miss Kim is battling bedtime with Dinosaur!
Look, Miss Kim is in a book!
Let’s all high five Miss Kim today!
Miss Kim is having a groovy time today with Pete the Cat!