December 2, 2020 Special Library Board Meeting: Official notice
REGISTER FOR A NEW LIBRARY CARD: CLICK HERE
COVID-19 OPERATING SERVICES
The Garden City Public Library is open for pickup service for library materials
*see guidelines below
Our hours are Monday – Friday
10:00pm to 5:00pm.
CHECKING OUT LIBRARY MATERIALS
- You can request items through our online catalog or by calling the Library (734) 793-1830.
- Library staff will call to notify you when your items are ready.
- Please have your library card handy when you call and when you arrive.
- For the safety of our staff and other patrons, please wear a face-mask and maintain 6 feet physical distance.
- Do not come to the Library if you are sick or caring for someone who is sick.
- All returns must be put in the book drop. They will be quarantined before being checked in, so you may see them on your patron record for a few days after returning.
Remember, we are a FINE FREE LIBRARY. You do not have to worry about fines while returned materials are being held for their 1 week quarantine
We’ve made room…watch how to enter the library for hold pickups, laptop and wifi rentals.
NEW ITEM FOR CHECKOUT-We now have Chromebooks and WI-FI hot spots that can be checked out for 1 week. They can be checked out separately or together, according to your needs. There are no renewals and no holds can be placed on the equipment. Simply come in and ask to check them out. When returning, please bring the equipment back into the lobby/library. DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DROP BOX.
Our new equipment was funded in part with a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services administered by the Library of Michigan.
We are dedicated to helping patrons even when we are closed. During this COVID-19 closure, take advantage of our downloadable content (Download Destination, Hoopla, and these FREE educational opportunities and activities for children:
- TEENBOOKCLOUD Gr 7-12 ebook database
- Draw Every Day with Jarrett J. Krosoczka
- The Spanish Experiment
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- Museum Artwork as Coloring Pages
- School Library Journal with links to more educational resources
- AudioBook Cloud
The Garden City Public Library has been serving the residents of Garden City (Michigan) as a resource of traditional and evolving library services for over 90 years.
The Garden City Public Library is your place for books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, magazines, computer access, and free Wi-Fi. Throughout the year, we offer a variety of free programs for all ages. The Garden City Public Library provides access to ebooks via Download Destination (powered by OverDrive), and movies, music plus much more via Hoopla. Using your Garden City Public Library card, you will have access to these services from anywhere at any time!
Click the tabs above to explore our Library services, event calendar, and many useful resources. We are happy to serve you! For questions about the Library, please feel free to call us at (734) 793-1830.
What is Take it and Make it?
Every Monday, we’ll have new, fun kits for kids to “take” home and “make.” What’s inside the kit? You’ll get a newsletter of all the national holidays that happen during that week. We’ll pick a few fun holidays and create 2-3 crafts based on those holidays or events. You’ll get all the supplies and instructions too. The only supplies you might need from home are glue, tape, markers or crayons…and your creativity, of course! Kits are available on Monday in a limited quantity, but can be picked up any day. So, come to the library and grab your youth Take it and Make it kit.
If you are having trouble with our online services, email us at email@example.com