July 14, 2020 Electronic Library Board Meeting: Official notice
COVID-19 Reopening (Updated 6/8/2020)
* REGISTER FOR A NEW LIBRARY CARD: CLICK HERE *
Good news! Library Reopens!
The Garden City Public Library will be open for PICKUP SERVICE ONLY starting Monday, June 8, 2020. Our hours will be Monday – Friday from 12:00pm to 6:00pm.
- You can request items through our online catalog or by calling the Library (734) 793-1830.
- Library staff will call to notify you when your items are ready.
- Please have your library card handy when you call and when you arrive.
- For the safety of our staff and other patrons, please wear a face-mask and maintain 6 feet physical distance.
- Do not come to the Library if you are sick or caring for someone who is sick.
- All returns must be put in the book drop. They will be quarantined before being checked in, so you may see them on your patron record for a few days after returning.
Our “COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan” will be posted here soon. Remember, we are a FINE FREE LIBRARY so you do not have to worry about returning your books, videos, music CDs etc. while we are closed.
If you want to register for a library card click here. If you are having trouble with our online services, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to helping patrons even when we are closed. During this COVID-19 closure, take advantage of our downloadable content (Download Destination, Hoopla, and RB Digital) and these FREE educational opportunities and activities for children:
- TUMBLEBOOKS K-6 children’s ebook database
- TUMBLEMATH K-6 math ebook database
- TEENBOOKCLOUD Gr 7-12 ebook database
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Draw Every Day with Jarrett J. Krosoczka
- The Spanish Experiment
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- Museum Artwork as Coloring Pages
- School Library Journal with links to more educational resources
- AudioBook Cloud
The Garden City Public Library has been serving the residents of Garden City (Michigan) as a resource of traditional and evolving library services for over 90 years.
The Garden City Public Library is your place for books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, magazines, computer access, and free Wi-Fi. Throughout the year, we offer a variety of free programs for all ages. The Garden City Public Library provides access to ebooks via Download Destination (powered by OverDrive), and movies, music plus much more via Hoopla. Using your Garden City Public Library card, you will have access to these services from anywhere at any time!
Click the tabs above to explore our Library services, event calendar, and many useful resources. We are happy to serve you! For questions about the Library, please feel free to call us at (734) 793-1830.
Registration for youth programs open approximately 30 days before that program.
Printable Story Time Coloring Sheets
Parents can download and print out the coloring sheet for their little ones to color at home.
We’d love to see their artistic creativity. Please post pictures of their coloring sheets on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/gardencitypl/ or tag us on your yours.
Miss Kim loves the beach
“K” is for Miss Kim
Miss Kim is friends with everyone at the library
Count and color with Miss Kim
Miss Kim loves to read diverse fairy tales
Miss Kim says “Love who you choose”
Miss Kim loves our diverse library families
Join Miss Kim to make your voice heard
Miss Kim is battling bedtime with Dinosaur!
Look, Miss Kim is in a book!
Let’s all high five Miss Kim today!
Miss Kim is having a groovy time today with Pete the Cat!