The Garden City Public Library is governed by a six member, elected Library Board. The Library Board’s main goal is to provide the best possible library service to the citizens of the community.
By State Law, the Library Board is authorized to:
- Adopt bylaws and rules for the board’s governance;
- Control the expenditure of all funds credited to the library fund;
- Appoint, supervise, evaluate, discipline, or remove a director;
- Approve an annual library budget;
- Purchase or lease grounds, or to occupy, lease, or erect an appropriate building or buildings for the use of the library; and
- Adopt policies and regulations regarding use of the library.
The Library Board members, officers, and term expiration dates are as follows:
|Drew McMechan||Vice President||2022|
The Garden City Library Board adopted By-Laws in May of 1956. Those By-Laws were revised in 1961, 1982, 2003, 2008, May 14, 2013, November 13, 2013, and most recently on April 8, 2014. The document linked below is the most recent approved revision of the By-Laws.
Library Board Schedule of Meetings
The Garden City Library Board has approved their schedule of regular meetings for the calendar year 2019. The schedule can be viewed online by clicking here. A copy of the schedule is also posted on the bulletin board outside the Library.