* REGISTER FOR A NEW LIBRARY CARD: CLICK HERE *
Garden City Public Library cards are free to Garden City residents and provide you with access to books, movies, music, computers, as well as our online/electronic resources. As a member of The Library Network (TLN), your Library card can also be used at these other member libraries.
Garden City Public Library cards are valid for three years, at which time you will be required to renew your card. While renewing a card is free, there is a $1.00 replacement fee for lost cards.
What do you need in order to get library card?
Adults 18 years of age and older must present a photo ID (current Michigan Driver’s License or State ID).
If your photo ID does not show a current Garden City address, then one current piece of official mail with your name and address plus the photo ID is required. Official mail includes:
- current utility bill
- current phone bill
- paycheck (with name, address, and date)
Youth under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian with them to get a Library card. The parent must show the same forms of ID as listed above. Both parent and child must reside at the Garden City address and the child must be present at the time the card is issued.
If you do not live in Garden City, you may still be able to use our Library. If you have a library card from another TLN member library, you can use it here. A few TLN Libraries do not share the same computer system (e.g. Westland, Plymouth, and Canton). Residents from these communities can still use their library card at the Garden City Public Library, but first we need to enter your home Library card information into our computer system. So be sure to bring your driver’s license with a current address.
Card Holder Responsibilities
Your responsibilities as a Garden City Public Library card holder include:
- To assume financial responsibility for all materials checked out with your Library card, including paying for lost or damaged materials, overdue fines, and processing fees.
- To notify the Library of any change of address, phone number or email address.
- To abide by the policies of the Library and the Library’s Patron Code of Conduct Policy.
- To give immediate notice of a lost or stolen Library card.