The mission of the Friends of the Garden City Public Library is to help the Garden City Public Library serve as a community resource that provides all residents with free access to a broad array of quality materials and programs that meet their personal, educational, and recreational needs. We also work to promote understanding and appreciation of the library and seek support through monetary gifts, and gifts of books and other material.
Becoming a Friend, allows you to support your local library and give back to your community. Some tasks performed by the Friends include, but are not limited to:
- Sorting donated materials which will be stored for future sales
- Setting up, staffing, and cleaning up the used book sales
- Assisting with special fundraising
- Distributing Friend’s and Library publicity
- Contacting prospective members and encouraging them to become active in the Friends
- Volunteering to work on special projects which enhance the quality of service at the library
The Friends can always use an extra pair of hands. If you have just a few hours to spare, we would appreciate your help. Membership in the Friends of the Garden City Public Library is open to all adults wishing to join. Members are encouraged to attend quarterly membership meetings and to actively participate in projects.
How to join
Joining the Friends couldn’t be easier! Come in to fill out a membership form or download and complete it from home.
Drop it off at the Library with a suggested donation of $5, or mail it to:
c/o Garden City Public Library
31735 Maplewood St.
Garden City, MI 48135
Come back to this page for periodic updates. Stay connected by following us on Facebook and join us for our quarterly meetings (Jan., Apr., Jul., & Oct.)
Stay tuned for updates
2022 Friends Board of Directors
President: Barbra Reddy
Treasurer: Caroline Skiver
Directors: Carol Lewthwaite, Kevin Davison