Stay calm. Stay safe. In the interest of public health, the Garden City Public Library has adopted the following policies and procedures:
- The Library’s Reopening Policy identifies 6 stages (we are currently at Stage 6):
- Stage 1: Closed to the Public
- Stage 2: Staff Returning
- Stage 3: Contactless Pickup and Limited Patron Service
- Stage 4: Limited Lobby or Atrium Space open
- Stage 5: Open to Public with Conditions
- Stage 6: Open for Regular Business
- Persons who are sick, or have symptoms of infectious diseases should stay home.
- NO LATE FEES! Remember, the Garden City Public Library is a fine-free library. So if you are sick, return your books a few days late without penalty or charge.
The Library’s Reopening Policy can be viewed here: http://gardencitylib.org/PDF/Repening.pdf
The Library’s COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan can be viewed here: http://gardencitylib.org/PDF/PoliciesPDF/COVID19Plan.pdf